(Shorea acuminata) Origin: Malaysia, Indonesia. A species that because of the colors and properties gains more and more recognition as the number one in the production of windows and doors.
1. Name Standard:
light red meranti Seraya
2. Botanical name:
SHOREA sp. (also red meranti)
South Asia and Pd. - East Malaysia, Indonesia
in some species barely visible pale pink - bright red – dark grey (width 5 - 10 cm)
pale pink to brown, glossy
- structure fairly simple (rough) uniform
- Radial shapes include red-brown inserts, sometimes resin ducts
On quarter section surfaces dark shapes , in cross-section flat interesting stripes Axial resin ducts with light colored inserts make a growing circular shape (ring like).
6. Technical properties:
- density in green state: 650 -850 kg / m3
- Density at 12% moisture: 390 -560 - 760 kg / m3
- Volumetric shrinkage: Medium
- Radial air drying: 1.5 - 2.6%
- Compressive strength: 35 - 50 N / mm2
- Flexural strength: 69 - 86 N / mm2
- elasticity: 8400 - 10500 N / mm2
For many years, used mainly in the construction industry for the production of joinery. Species, with excellent parameters and excellent usability proved to be perfect for the production of windows.